Wednesday 26 April 2017

Aprils 2nd Christmas card




Back as promised with another quick tutorial for using the left over foam from yesterday snowflake card. After you have die cut the snowflake you are left with the waste part, I die cut that again using a plain circle die. In the Sweet Dixie set there is a smaller snowflake, I die cut that from more of the foam and then covered both that and the circle with more of the Wow Fab Foil in teal.






 
 I had this idea of filling in the gap between the two with glitter, so I die cut a circle from some double sided adhesive and attached that to my piece of white card that I had already cut with the Presscut stitched rectangle die. I made sure I put it further down the card so I could draw a line with a fine liner pen to make it look suspended.


I then peeled the sticky off the circle and then placed my circle of foam on top so it sticks to card. My next step was supposed to be to add the small snowflake in the middle before throwing glitter over it....but in my excitement I did glitter first then had to add some pva glue behind the smaller snowflake to stick it to the glittered area. So its a case do as I say not as I do...it would have been easier to stick the snowflake to the sticky double-sided. So pretending that I did it in right order it looks like this

 
Next I repeated the same process of die cutting some Holly leaves from a Sue Wilson die set from last year and then covering them with silver foil.
 
 
These were attached to the top and three more of the pearls I made for yesterday card were added in a cluster and one more in the centre of the snowflake. The sentiment is from Crafters Companion. In theory you could make three of these cards from the waste from yesterday card, that's three off your list.
 

 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this idea, back again tomorrow with non Christmas cards I promise. 

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...