Tuesday 5 November 2019

Leaves and Berries stencil

I have been playing around with different techniques using stencils. I fell in love with this one from Pretty Pink Posh. The technique I used on this card is not quick but is worth the time spent. I worked my way across the stencil applying Distress Inks through the stencil, masking off areas as I went with post it notes. So for example when I was inking through the leaf part, I covered the surrounding berries so the colours did not blend together. I wanted to keep it simple, so I just cut the finished piece down to fit a large square card . I have noticed a new trend of stamping a sentiment onto vellum and the creating a frame around it. This way you can still see the stencil behind, through the vellum.I dug out a nesting labels die and I made a frame. To co-ordinate I inked it with same colour ink I used on berries. I added Wink of Stella to berries for a touch of sparkle.




Products used:

Pretty Pink Posh : Leaves and Berries Stencil
Distress ink : Evergreen Bough and Festive Berries
Woodware: Christmas Cheer stamp
Stazon Ink
Wink Of Stella Clear pen
Vellum and Nesting dies from stash


No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...