Wednesday 6 March 2013

Steampunk card 2

Completely forgot that I had not posted the rest of my Steampunk cards....I blame the stinking cold I have at moment ;( Anyway here it is, I used alchol inks to make the background. I used to love using these inks when I first started making cards. I wanted to do a Steampunk card with a femine theme and this Sam Poole stamp worked a treat.

 
Products used:
 
Ranger Alchol inks: Cranberry, Lettuce, Stonewashed, Silver, Blending solution
Stamps: Creative Expressions Dreams
Card: Black, white glossy and silver mirror
Ink: Black Stazon and Silver pigment
 
 
Always use glossy card with alchol inks and I sponged some of the silver ink around the edges. I used Stazon but have found out since the Archival inks have been reformulated to use on alchol inks, so that might work better. I also used some blending solution on the felt to soften the colours into something a bit more muted.
 
I am also taking bookings for an all day workshop with myself and Emma from Imaginethat papercraft in Upminister . Deatils are on the side bar and booking is now open, so if you fancy a day away from house work to play with glue, paper, paint and wood let me know!!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...