Sunday 5 March 2017

Foiling

Good morning, todays post is about foiling. I have been playing about with different foiling techniques for a little while now and love the effect it gives on a card. This card was made for a friends birthday a little while ago. The flowers are called Blushing Rose and from Sue Wilson.You can either die cut your shape onto some double sided sticky paper and thin card and then apply the foil or die cut from sheets that have been printed from a laser printer. I don't have one of those, so I popped to a local printers and they printed me a sheet of solid black toner onto some of my white card. I die cut my flowers and leaves from this, cut out my foil and colour side up laid over the die cuts, black side up and run it through a laminator. The pink foil is from Heidi Swapp Minc collection and the green foil for the leaves is from Wow.


Unfortunately it not the easiest thing for me to photograph especially in bad light, but hopefully you can see  how gorgeous the foiling is. I used one of the mini stencils from Creative Expression's with some Tim Holtz Spun Sugar ink to create a background. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and I added a few sequins to finish.

 
Enjoy what's left of the weekend. Hope you get some time to craft.

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...