Sunday 26 March 2017

Happy Mothers Day

Todays card is for my mum and I also made another one with slightly less on it for a friends birthday which was last month. Foiling is huge at the moment and I am loving it. I am still working out which techniques and types of foils work best for me and there are ways you can craft with it without having to use anything more than a heat gun or glue. From beginning of April I will be showing lots more samples and techniques as we are having a featured product of the month promotion with foils in the shop, so keep an eye out for those.


I used a die set I borrowed for a friend (thanks Mag) its from Crea-Lies and is called Modern Patchwork No.3. I die cut it all the layers in white cardstock. The flowers are foiled using some Tonertex foil, I have had this years and I mean years but I think company is still going. Its a mix of muted colours and was ideal to go with the Shaded Nasturtium stamp I wanted to use from Creative Expression. I have foiled onto vellum, its quite thick and I used Wow Bonding powder and Versamark ink and then run it through a laminator. The foliage is also dies from Creative Expressions and are called Delicate Fronds and Faux Quilled leaves and those were die cut on Toner cardstock. I will do more detailed techniques during April.
 
 
Closer look at foiling, unfortunately its not the easiest to photograph. I used Copper and Gold foil for the leaves and they were a mix of foils from Wow and Deco foil. The sentiment stamp is from Clearly Besotted. Finished off with some Gold Mark Richard pearls in the centres.

 
Here's the birthday versions I did for my friend. The butterfly was a die from Clearly besotted as was this sentiment.
 
 
Wishing all mums in the UK a wonderful day and hope you get the chance to relax and maybe fit a bit of crafting in.
 

1 comment:

Julia Sandvoss said...

Your cards are just beautiful and thank you for including our Summer Rainbow Deco Foil!

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...