Saturday 25 March 2017

March Christmas card

Today is the 25th so its time for a Christmas card. Its been so cold this week, I had to get my gloves out again to walk the dog. When I got back I had to put the heating back on and make soup to warm up before heading to my craft room to make these cards. I had to remind myself it is almost April and not November !! Anyway, onto the card, I wanted to use something that I had brought and never used...well there's a surprise !! So I found my Memory Box Precious Snowflake die and using the inlaid technique ( well that's what I call it ) and this is what I made.

 
I used the cream shimmer cardstock from Stampin'Up and made my card base to 5" square. I cut another piece of the cream card and die cut the two snowflakes out. This piece was them backed with some double sided adhesive.

 
 I die cut the snowflakes again in Stampin Up soft sky cardstock and laid them back to cream cardstock so they were attached to the double sided sticky. Then I sprinkled glitter all over to cover the rest of the sticky areas. Down the side I masked off an area and stamped with the coordinating soft sky ink a little cluster of snowflakes from the Indigo Blu Seasons Greeting set and then drew a line with a ruler and a black fine liner pen. I stamped the sentiment in black which is from one of my Clearly Besotted sets using my misti. I found some little gems in my stash that match the soft sky perfectly. I love my Itty Bitty bow die from Sue Wilson, so used that for a finishing touch. Lastly,  it was matted onto some soft sky cardstock and mounted onto card base.

 
Managed to make three the same to add to my others from last month


Back on Sunday with my Mothers day card, have a great weekend and hope you get time to squeeze in some crafting.



No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...