Wednesday 3 May 2017

Woodware Cosmos Flowers


I recently made two cards using the Woodware Cosmos flower stamp. I will post the other card next time but todays one uses an old technique I haven't don't for a while so thought it was time I did it again. Its a twist on the spotlight technique, I stamped the whole image with Black Archival ink directly onto my card base. I then stamped it again on some spare cardstock. I used some circle punches but you could use circle dies and punched out 3 circles containing different parts of the stamp. I used some Tim Holtz Distress inks to blend different colours over each of the circles. I used Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio and Spiced Marmalade. I then covered each one with Versamark ink and sprinkled with Creative Expressions Sticky embossing powder. Different company's call it different names basically its a clear embossing powder which stays sticky once heated. I then covered it with Glamour Dust glitter, any clear transparent glitter would do....the finer the better. I like to give it another quick blast with the heat gun to make sure the glitter has adhered to the embossing powder. Its not showing up so good it photo but it is really twinkly. I then added some foam pads behind each circle and matched it up perfectly with the main image on my bard base. I finished off with the sentiment from the set just stamped and matted onto some Black cardstock.

Back soon with my second card using this stamp set.

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...