Tuesday 7 April 2020

Altenew Leaf Canopy

Happy Tuesday, anybody else have to think really hard what day it is ?? Today's card uses a Altenew stamp set and I think it would work great for a mans card.  I have done it in other colours which I will post another day. This a new technique to me and one I saw on you tube. I stamped a white piece of card with a background stamp, mine was a dotty one and it a large 6" square stamp.  I used white pigment ink on the stamp, it must be pigment or it won't work. I set it aside to dry and then placed it in my stamp positioner and arranged my first leaf stamps. First I inked up with my lightest green and cleaned and moved the stamps around the card. Then I did the same thing with a middle colour green and then lastly a darker one cleaning and reinking as I went.



 I used a dye based ink for the greens and the pigment ink acts like a resist , so you can see the white dots through the green inks. Once I had completed all the stamping, I run it through my die cutting machine and cut out the centre panel. I then lightly drew in pencil where the centre square was going to go on my card blank. This gave me a guide for the stamping and the die cut happy. Once that was all done it was mounted on foam pads and centralised over the sentiment. 

Products used:

Atenew Leaf Canopy stamp set
Studio Light STAMPSL163
Stampin Up White Pigment ink
Altenew Tropical Forest ( I used the first 3 colours)
Simon Say Happy 3x4 stamp and die
Black Ink
Die-namics Rect Peek-a-boo window die 




No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...