Tuesday 19 May 2020

Fun Fold card no. 8

Happy Tuesday, another fun fold card today that's called an inner shadow box or tunnel card. I made it for my daughters friend, who has just had a baby. I have made this card before and followed the tutorial from Jennifer Mcguire, the link is here. Once you have got the concept of the card fold, you can easily adapt it to make it bigger or smaller. The elephant is a old stamp from Crafters Companion Humphrey' Corner collection. You could of course use anything to fit in the middle. This little elephant is my go to for baby cards and I have coloured the image with alcohol pens. I die cut a circle for the front and just stamped and coloured the elephant on part of the circle.  I then added a sentiment and instead of doing it on white card I used a coordinating pink plain card and stamped in black ink. I finished off with a stamped verse on the inside front cover, which is actually easier to do before you glue the shadow part of the card. I added a pink circle die cut behind the elephant to make it stand out abit more and my I added some foam pads behind the coloured image.







Products used:

Crafters Companion Humphreys corner stamp
Clearly Besotted New Baby stamp and die
Woodware Baby Wishes stamp 
Promarker Pens
Stitched Circle dies from stash
Anna Marie Powder Pink plain and dotty card
Memento Black ink pad


No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...