Saturday 11 February 2017

Christmas cards ...well it is snowing!!

Happy Saturday to you all !  I actually have a Saturday at home for a change and am busy doing wedding invites for my daughter. Looking out the window I can watch the snow falling and seeing all the dogs being taken to the woods for their walks.....I get weekends off from doing that, its hubby job. I started thinking about what cards to post today and decided a few Christmas cards might be appropriate. I had intended to start mine in Jan this year but as I had a rotten Christmas I keep putting it off lol !!

Anyhow back to the cards and a box. These were made using some of my Stampin Up goodies. The dies are from the Pretty Pines set and the Noel is from the matching stamp set Christmas Pines. I die cut the pinecones in copper cardstock and the Noel is embossed with copper embossing powder. The embossing folder is Pine Bough . The berries have been created using some red pearl glue I had in my stash....but you could use little red gems. I had some glitter card left over from a previous book and I die cut the mistletoe in that for a little bling. There was some lovely copper thread in book so I wrapped that under the arrangement of dies.

 
I made this matching box to hold some chocolates , I cant remember off hand where I found the tutorial for it think it was probably pinterest. The Christmas Wishes stamp is from an old Waltzing mouse set and I used some Early Espresso thin ribbon to hold it together.

 
Lastly, for today I used the Stampin Up Hang Up Your Stocking set for this card. I used the matching die set to cut out the stockings and added some gems. It was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink. The hexagon die set for the cards is from My Favourite Things.
 
 
 
Well that's it for today, lunch is over back to the invites.  I hope you get some time to craft this weekend, too cold to go outside. Hopefully off to a craft show tomorrow but back with more cards tomorrow evening.
 
 

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...