Saturday 25 February 2017

Februarys Christmas Card

Its the weekend, I hope you all get some time to craft during the next two days! I have decided to do a monthly Christmas post. I promised myself that this year I would have all my cards made well before Christmas. I was meant to start in January but it didn't happen, so if I have planned post for the 25th of each month there should be no excuse not to get at least one done. I can then make a few of each and I should be covered. Well that's the plan anyway, lets see what materialises !!

 
So the card for February uses a stamp from Stamps By Chloe and its called Stag. I have had this stamp on my wish list since its been released. I love using Wow powders, so I did two version, one with  their Calypso and one with Platinum embossing glitter.I used my Misti to stamp it on plain white card with Versamark ink, this way I was able to  stamp it a few times and make sure it was well covered. I then heat embossed it and put it back into my Misti to stamp the sentiment which is from Papertrey Ink. I had a rummage through my Christmas embellishments and found these metal holly sprays which fitted ideally in the corner. I was going to punch some snowflakes but I like the holly and I have used something else which I have had years and years and never opened.

The actual card is just matted onto some black card and I created a top folding card to fit it.



 
 
 I am teaching again today and will be back next week with nine cards I made using one third of the  the Scrumptious Kit from Craft work cards.







No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...