Thursday 28 May 2020

Pink Fresh Studio Floral Elements

Nearing the end of another week and the weather is still gorgeous. I recently purchased a bundle of dies, stamps and washi tape from Hochanda by Pink Fresh Studio. If you haven't heard of them , they are an american company that sells cardmaking as well as scrapbooking products. I have mainly used their scrapbooking papers etc but I have always liked the look of their washi but it tends to sell out quickly when online shops over here get it in. So I grabbed a few items when it was on and it's finally came this week as its was on extended delivery. The dies and stamps coordinate but the dies can also be used on the washi tape,which I thought was a great idea. On the washi tape you get a selection of small flowers, a large wreath and a large floral image. Today's card uses the wreath element. I took a Lisa Horton die to make the square and then applied the washi tape wreath to some cardstock and used the matching dies to cut the outside and inside edge. I then took the inside die and cut that out of the square. Its easily done, just lightly mark with a pencil where the die sits in the middle of the wreath on the square, tape the die down and run through your machine. Match the wreath up with the hole you have cut with the inner die and glue down.  I added foam pads behind the square to create an aperture . I then worked out where I wanted to position the anniversary stamp and I stamped that first, then attached the square to the card blank. The "happy" die was glued on the edges that overlap the wreath, there is no way of putting foam pads under it , it's too fine. I did though run it through with some white card two more times and layered together to make it more stable. Finished off with some Nuvo drops as per usual for me nowadays.



Products used:

Pink Fresh Studio Painted Florals Washi Tape, Floral Elements die
Lisa Horton Stitched Collection- Scallop layered Squares
Simon Says Happy 3x4 stamp and die
Nuvo Vintage Drops Peachy Keen 
Stampin Up Fresh Fig cardstock


No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...