Tuesday 20 October 2020

Stocking Shaker card

Day two of my Sizzix Stocking die cards. This time I die cut the stocking out of some patterned paper and then backed with acetate. I die cut the trim in some velvet paper and added the red scalloped border underneath. I worked out where these pieces would sit on the background piece of card and stuck them down.I added foam tape around the edges of the acetate on the back and I removed nearly all the foam tape top cover and attached down onto the back panel, matching the trim area up to fit on the die cut . I kept a big enough gap that I could spoon in the glitter and then remove top of rest of foam tape and press down making sure I had no escaping glitter.  This completed panel was then added to the card blank, where I had already added some papers to the left and right side. The tiny snowflake and ribbon  strips where added at the end. Finished off with a bow and a tag which come with the Stocking die .



Products used:

Sizzix Stocking with Candy Cane and Tag die

First Edition Christmas Wishes 6x6 pad

Tim Holtz Distress Glitter

Woodware Heartfelt Christmas stamp set

Velvet paper 





 

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...