Monday 20 April 2020

Cupcake card

Happy Monday, start of another week. I have a turnaround stamp from Concord and 9th that I hadn't used yet....shock horror!!


The idea is you place it in your stamping platform, ink with one colour, stamp and turn the cardstock  45 degrees, clean and ink with another colour and so on. I had found this cupcake stamp set in my stash whilst having a major sort out a few weeks ago . It was a gift from a friend and I'm pretty sure its not available now but there are plenty of similar stamp sets from UK companies. I think I brought the turnaround stamp to use on some childrens cards, but I think it works well with this stamp and I have some ideas for christmas cards using it. I used a set of Altenew inks for both the cupcake and the turnaround stamp. The glitter frosting is done using Wow embossing powders, the great thing about using a stamping platform is you can re ink your stamp. So I inked up the top of the cupcake stamp with pink ink, stamped onto white card, cleaned the stamp and reinked with Wow embossing ink pad and then over stamped. I then covered with embossing powder and heated. I dont have a die for this stamp so I cut it out with scissors. I wanted a topper, so I dug out an old scalloped circle die, run it through my machine, left the die cut in the die and blended ink around the edges with the lightest colour in the collection. The sentiment stip has been done in the same way. I found this great sentiment on a set but it was on two lines, so I carefully cut it half and stamped side by side.

Products used:

Concord and 9th Bitty Burst Turnaround stamp 
Verve Cupcake Affair stamp 
Simon Says Birthday Messages 3x4
Wow Embossing Powder Clear Sparkle
Wow Embossing Ink pad
Archival Black Ink
Altenew Red Cosmos Ink set 
Spellbinders Scalloped Circle dies
Nuvo Bubblegum Blush Crystal Drops
Cardstock from stash



No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...