Saturday 15 August 2020

Poinsettia Petals

 Happy Saturday, its cooler today thank goodness. If you are like me you have probably been too hot to craft this week, especially if you live in the south east. 


My card today uses one of the new sets from the Stampin'Up August/December mini catalogue and its called Poinsettia Petals. This set has coordinating stamps and dies, but included in the dies are ones that emboss the veins and its those I have used on my card ( see pic below for closer look )  I used real red cardstock, cut the die outline first, then run it through again with the embossing plate. You could do it all in one run through but be careful the dies dont slip, so you would be best to tape down. I did blend a little real red ink on edges afterwards. You get the same dies and plates for the holly leaves and again I inked the edges , which I did on garden green card. I added some of the berry sprays in the gold metallic card. The centre was done it some crushed curry card and I inked edges. 


 

I was going for a more rustic look for a change, so my card base is made from crumb cake card, top folding. For the background I used the large birch stamp, inked with crumb cake on very vanilla card. When I inked it up I covered one side with ink but only partially the other side. You can do this with a sponge or dauber if you prefer. I like the look of the uneven edge. The papers of from the Poinsettia Place pack and I finished off with a sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas set on crumb cake card again.

I hope you get time to craft this weekend, everything I have used is available to purchase here 



No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...