Monday 9 November 2020

One layer card no. 5

 Today's card has one layer of cardstock that the die has been cut from. It's a new die this year from Hobbycraft called Winter Scene. I die cut the image first in some White card and that was going to be going on top. I used the negative piece it left as a mask by laying on the card blank in the middle and carefully blending some ink over the negative cut out. To do the snow drifts I tore some paper and put across the negative mask and blended more ink , moving the paper to create the effect of drifts. I was careful not to bring the Blue ink down to where the Stag is as I wanted this part White. I used a fine tipped glue to add the die cut to the inked background. I then filled in some glue around the Stag area and sprinkled with glitter. I finished off with a sentiment. I think the scene in the background would look good with a few trees stamped in Black but I couldn't find anything something small enough. 


Products used:

Hobbycraft Winter Scene die

Stampin Up Balmy Blue ink

Glitter from stash

Crafters Companion Let It Snow sentiments




No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...