Wednesday 18 March 2020

Altenew Layered Rose

Hi there, its definitely time to try and stay calm and keep on crafting.  It probably the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. So I am trying to blog more often to give you some card ideas for when you can sit down and have a play.

Today's card was a special one for my mums lady gardener. She obviously loves her flowers especially roses. So I dug this die set out that came with a magazine yonks ago. You can easily adapt it though using some other flower dies or stamps. The background uses the stencil from Altenew which I sponged through randomly with some distress ink. I added some more foliage from a Lady E die I have. The smaller leaves came with the flower die set in the magazine.

The 60 I cut several times to raise up, its much easier than trying to cut tiny foam pads and you can do it in white scraps you have and just do the top one in your chosen card. Its finished off with some Nuvo drops and these are from the new Vintage range and they tie in with the ink I used on the stencil. The sentiment is from a new set from Tailored Expressions , you get a large stamp full of sentiments for different occasions and then a large die that cut them all out in one pass.  So you can just put the others away until you need them. To be honest if you happy to cut the strips and tails yourself you dont need the die .


Products used:

Altenew Layered Rose die set
Altenew Watercolour stripes stencil
Lady E Leaves 6 Herbs
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background stamp and die
Tonic Windsor Numbers die
Pumice Stone Distress Ink
Nuvo Vintage Pumice Stone drops available here 
Limetree Adaptables cardstock
Coloured card from stash 

This is another tent fold card and measures 7x5. Stay safe back soon with more ideas.


No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...