Friday 1 May 2020

Fun Fold Series: Card no.2

Hi, Happy Friday. Not sure what to call this card but it does include a back to front "Z" element but with a window. This time the "Z" part opens up from the inside, with a topper that sits in a window when closed.  It has a large window on the front, that has been cut with a rectangle stitched die. I wanted to use this Orchid stamped image so I had to make the window large. This meant that the support of the card was a bit weak, so I cut another one exactly the same size and stuck it in the inside for extra support. A smaller rectangle wouldn't have caused that problem.  This Orchid stamp and die set is from Papertrey Ink as they were called then. It was a gift and again, hardly used lol. So I sat and set out all the stamps in my stamp positioner this week and stamped lots up in different colourways. You get the spray with the leaves and another stamp and die with just a spray. That one I have used on the inside. With multi layering stamps, the Stampin Up Stamparatus is a gods send. You get interchangeable plates so I was able to have the flowers, leaves on the go all at once. The happy birthday stamp comes with the stamp set. I followed a video, here is the link  . When its closed it looks like this



Open it's like this






Products used:

Papertrey Ink Orchid Expressions stamp and die set
Altenew Black, Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Razzleberry, Parrot and Olive inks
Stampin Up Melon Mambo cardstock
Presscut Stitched Rectangle dies
Sweet Dixie Double saying stamps
White cardstock

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...