Thursday 30 April 2020

Fun Folds series

Good Afternoon, happy thursday. I hope you are all well and doing ok. I have been a bit quite on here this week as I have been working on a series of 3d cards to share. I am going to post instructions and measurements and I will share the video tutorials, if I had followed them for some of the more tricky ones. When I say tricky they aren't hard to make just more measuring, scoring and cutting than normal and sometimes that's easier following a video. I buy Limetree adaptables when I visit shows. These are basically their off cuts from cutting the normal card packs they sell. You can use card blanks for today's card and 12x12 or A3 card if you want to try the rest of my cards in the series.




Today's card is nice and easy. I call it a Z card, there are different versions you can do. You can do it in any size and just use one of your card blanks. I like using square card blanks mine is a 6" square  or 5 7/8" as they actually are. Score down the middle of the front half and fold back on itself. Make sure you burnish well with a bone folder, it helps the card stand up better . The mats for my card are:

For the back 5 7/8" square patterned paper
For the Front panel 5 7/8" x 2 3/4" patterned paper
For the large square topper : 4"x 4" of white card, patterned paper mat 3 7/8" square.
For the small square topper  3 3/8" x 3 3/8" white card, patterned paper mat 3 1/4" square

You can of course do bigger mats say 1/4" I prefer 1/8". I also have inked around all the edges of the patterned paper with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pumice Stone.


I was going for a more shabby look with the John Next Door Daisy's this time , so I die cut them out of one of the plainer papers in the same pad. I used a ink and finger dauber to blend in the centres. I then glued them together, I used just 3 layers of the petals in this card. I used John's Ivy die that I used on some of my Christmas cards for the foilage.

I used some Nuvo drops for the middles, I prefer when I need larger drops to make them on a non stick sheet and leave them to dry overnight. I always worry when not putting them on a flat surface they will run and not make nice round drops , so I have found making them up elsewhere and adding them when dry easier.

The sentiment is a die, and because its impossible to put foam pads behind this one, I die cut it three times and stuck the layers together to raise it up. Finished off with the birthday stamp, which was inked with a brown ink and one some of the same papers are I used on the flowers.

Products used:

John Next Door Tatty Daisy and Ivy dies
Simon Says Happy die
Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy stamp set (birthday)
Anna Marie Blissful Peach paper pad
Tim Holtz Distress ink Pumice Stone
Altenew Crimson Ink pad
Creative Expressions Mocha cardstock
Stampin Up Old Olive cardstock
Wendy Vecchi Acorn Ink 
Large Square card blank
Nuvo Vintage Pumice Stone drops 

Back soon, stay safe




No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...